Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hotlips Blackberry Soda (bottle)


Hotlips soda is made in Oregon using real fruit and cane sugar. The blackberry flavor includes blackberries and some lemon.

The scent threw me right away. It does have a berry scent, but not an appealing one. The taste is similar... although I like blackberries, I can't say I like sparkling blackberry juice. That is what this is really because the only ingredients are sparkling water, blackberries, cane sugar and lemon.

One interesting aspect is that they leave pulp in there, which might appeal to me if I enjoyed the flavor more. Also, this might end up being a good mixer as they suggest on their website. Finally, they also make the point that since the ingredients are simple, the flavor and quality of different batches varies so perhaps I got a less-than-stellar one.

I will probably try another flavor of a fruit that might lend itself better to this style of soda like cherry, pear or apple, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment