Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lester's Fixins Peanut Butter & Jelly (bottle)

 I already reviewed Lester's Fixins Coffee flavored soda, and while I enjoyed it, my wife and I agreed that it didn't taste very much like coffee. I figured this did not bode well for the other flavors I had picked up, especially this one.

Well this actually smells and tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, as hard as that is to believe. When it hits your mouth you think for a second that you are just drinking a normal orange soda, but once you swallow, the familiar taste of peanut butter and jelly appears like magic... and stays. As I am writing this review, my tongue is exploring my teeth looking to clean off peanut butter that I never ate.

It's not a bad drink, and I could see someone enjoying this immensely. For me though, it is a novelty drink because the after taste really sticks around for a while. I would say I like the coffee flavor a bit better, but since this captures the taste that appears on the label I think they rate about the same.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment