Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lester's Fixins Coffee Soda (bottle)

Lester's Fixins has a bunch of novelty flavors of soda, including bacon and buffalo wings. Imposing and threatening.

The biggest surprise about the coffee flavor, the first one I have tried, is that it is not a horrible assault on the tastebuds. If I had to compare it to something, I would say it is somewhat rootbeer-ish with a hint of cream soda. Another one made from pure cane sugar, you can definitely taste it here in a unique way - the aftertaste actually feels like you have been sucking on a lump of sugar. It is very lightly carbonated.

I can't say they were successful at capturing the flavor or even the essence of coffee here. If I am looking for it I may find a hint, but with different packaging I never would have guessed that coffee was what this drink was going for. Because of this, I was not surprised to see that coffee is not in the ingredient list.

Despite the fact that they failed at capturing coffee, the drink is not that bad. It should just be marketed differently.If you like the idea of a super-sugary root beer/cream soda flavor, you might want to give this a try.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment