Sunday, September 8, 2013

Excel Million Dollar Grape (bottle)


Made by Excel Bottling Company in Illinois, Excel Million Dollar Grape is everything you would want in a grape soda. It smells just like you want grape soda to smell, and the grape flavor is very intense.

Since this is yet another soda made with pure cane sugar and there isn't much to say about this soda except that if you like grape soda you need to find it, I figured I would give you my .02 about the HFCS/Cane Sugar debate.

I am no health food nut, and I am very skeptical that HFCS is any worse for you than cane sugar. I am also somewhat skeptical that cane sugar tastes any better in sodas than HFCS. I do like drinking out of glass bottles, however, so what I typically encounter is that I enjoy a Mexican Coke much more than a regular can or plastic bottle of Coke... but I can't say for sure that it is because of the source of the glucose.

One of these days I will perform a blind taste test and see if I can tell the difference between Mexican Coke and US coke and I will know for sure. Until I do, I will be happy to imagine that sodas made with cane sugar are generally better tasting than those made with HFCS, because it means I have an excuse to go out and spend money on delicious bottled soda like Excel Million Dollar Grape.

8/10
Excel Bottling Co

No comments:

Post a Comment